Sunday, April 11, 2010

The best CharSiew

When you type 'XXX' (whatever food you feel like eating) on browser, thousand of link appeared, out of the thousand, 90% is food blogger. I don't know blogging also become career =.=
Recognize the fact that I won't be competing with them, won't be stand out of the crowd pun, so I don't establish own food blog.

Come to this entry, I tried this last month, 25th March i think. Char Siew in Sea Park, named Ah Kai famous chicken rice. The owner called Stephen, didn't look like local, but speak very fluent Cantonese. He told me he is going to USA soon, white man like his CharSiew, and provide him modal to open business there.
The taste of the Char Siew stayed on tongue for whole day, I should have posted the food since then, but the phone I was using was sent to ICU---ops, is buried in graveyard... can't even retrieve the photos in that phone.
After 17 days, today I tried the food again.
One day before-yesterday lah... I googled the location of the shop, because I can't recognize the direction to be there, accidentally, I read a blog which introduce roast duck which is opposite to the shop, say very good wo...Since were there already, bought a set for two and tried out. Roasted duck picture, as below.
 
 Frankly say, I'm not into fuc...sorry sorry, I'm not into duck, so it didn't arouse excitement of my taste bud. One thing I like of the duck is, it doesn't taste too oily. Normally a delicious duck must pair with abundance of oil, this is different. Looked dry? because I didn't pour the gravy, I rather called it soup, because it doesn't taste thick. =)


 
This is the roasted chicken from Ah Kai(the owner- Stephen). As said, tasty food must be paired with oil, this is unwritten rule, so the chicken is quite...moisturize=D. I've no comment to chicken, all this while I like to eat chicken. As long as it doesn't taste really bad, I won't give negative comment.
Fair...but I'd like to give complement to its well roasted chicken skin, it tasted crunchy, and soft meat, which not every stall could make it. *thumb up*



This is the main character~~~ Deng x 4!!!
Remember the first time I ate this Char Siew, it was totally surprised me out! ok, seriously I'm not into CharSiew--not into pork, or meat. I thought the meat was just like what I tried before, so when i first put it into my mouth, I saw firework on my head. XD...can you tell how surprised I was and how delicious it is!
Caramelled Charsiew surface was burned to charred, and tender inside. The transparent fat split the tender meat and charred skin, guiltily high calories, high fat and high cholesterol, irresistible..Amen, Buddha mercy...  

Total we settled with roasted duck for 2 (RM11), damn tasty Charsiew and roasted chicken for 2(RM 13, teh ice and special teh C ice (RM1.50 and 2.5)

As for first time I went, was together with colleague. 4 of us settled with 2 big plates of Charsiew, roasted chicken sold out when we were there(1pm++), guys worried if merely eating Charsiew would not filled there stomach, then they ordered stir fired kangkong for 3, guess how much? RM20!!! And the boss whom also the boss of the kopitiam justified: this is pretty reasonable, they count per head one, you ordered fro 3 persons, supposedly should be 24, we charged 20, it is worthy. End up, they charged us 15, but still expensive what! fry kangkong only...If i buy RM15 kangkong to throw you, you can die la wei~~~As can foresee, after Stephen moved to USA, the restaurant can roll ald, menggulung tilam. XD

finally
-
-
-
-
-
-
 
Hey guys, teach you one word: F.tard.
F...ing retard. 
what is it? the picture shows....
Words from Mr Ong.

4 comments:

Wei Xiang said...

gulung tikar =D not tilam :P

miapatra said...

that's the impact. gulung tikar cukup charm ald, he has to gulung tilam...heavy sangat...XD

another Ftard said...

woiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!1
whr is the place?!! i wan go!!!!!!
send me d link in google map!!! ishh ishh ishhhhh!!!
u Ftard... hahahahah XD
fr another Ftard

miapatra said...

hey u Ftard! knew who you are la...XD
can't send u link la, u find 阿凯驰名鸡饭。。。^^