Friday, December 18, 2009

Down-to-earth



Inhale...Exhale...Inhale....Exhale....repeat, poker face still remained as if nothing happened.
"Oh, the world is wonderful, I'm grateful~~~" Bullshit! I know I'm not, just want to calm down the intense flaming dual-personality of a Gemini.

A balance, is what I'm looking for all this while; I dreamt to have unlimited wealth, that was in the past. Now, being idealistic and realistic has to have a distinct difference.
unlimited wealth- Idealistic
allow me to not justify how realistic one should be, perhaps you could judge if I'm one when you scrolled down to the end of the post?

Well, I'm grateful, lucky my bro wasn't meant to study and pursuit education like i did, else I'll lose the chance to study."you should know what is more important." mum told me this when I stated the presumption. She supports me to UK, and yet she always has a negative input. I wonder one day if I might be stricken by lightning
*shrug*.

what happened was, i called her and tell her my latest plan; I'll never deny I'm a career minded female, just that she doesn't realize. She suggested I be a waitress or any part-timer like her era did(come on, DID is past tense), thank god she is Gen-X; could you spot any differences on their career of a part-time agent and part-timer in Metrojaya/restaurant?

Sorry,  I don't mean to be arrogant, but could you give up your own pride as a Uni grad,and to be "HI, MAY-I-HELP-YOU-machine" in supermarket or restaurant? I'm just clearly, or in fact, absofarkinglutely recognize a fact of us being in a different century. I regret I spoke in a rude way in the call, who can control so well when her/his mum discourage again and again? I told her: I've been staying miles away from home, what I involved outside, you wouldn't know if i didn't tell; i choose to tell you because i don't want you to worry (in fact, i just need encouragement, is that too much?), and sorry, i made you worry, again.
I'm naive- I don't know darkness of the society; I'm useless- else i could have started work; I'm stupid- need to sit in exam for times just for the sake of getting a PASS. All, are her perceptions of me.
I'm naive because I still believe kind-men is not extinct yet; i'm useless is because i hope to be encouraged as i know being in a battle alone is a tough job; I'm stupid because I believe kind-men. All the above mentioned are optional for me, I'm still holding the authority to allow myself to be or not to be.

"you don't dream so much, get a job to work first, gain experiences first, be a down-to-earth person...."
arghh!!! when communication system break down, every message brought out is meaningless; when one does not agree with you, whatever you say is bullshit. Of course you could persuade or convince the one, how if the one keeps countering your points by living experience? She knows a lot of friends, what she experienced are absolutely more than what I've gone through so far, sometimes listening to her words are all right, but not words like: "my friend was one of them too, but now he chose not to be; my friend also say why you skewed to a bramble? Be a down-to-earth person, teens nowadays are always dreaming big". Too much, until i'm too tired to recall. You say sly people are everywhere, society changing rapidly, can you imagine if I adopt the ancient approach of so called: "down-to-earth"?
 down-to-earth? how not down-to-earth am I? I'm counting on illegal business or lottery?
I think there should be a new definition for "down-to-earth" particularly for Gen-Y....

what's wrong with wanting to build a career with a different path way? as long as not over-devoted, things should be all right, isn't it? I know the facts, i look further in my life, I'm planning ahead, is it wrong?
Down-to-earth person, no offence but this is what's crossing my mind now. Down-to-earth means being satisfied with current life, but  have no further plans to safeguard if any shit happen one day.

So, am I an idealist or a realist?

No comments: