Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Resignation

It's been quite sometime i didn't update, because I was working. The job is not easy, worked as telemarketer and it is given a nicer name---teleconsultant. Nothing different what, still same job scope of making cold calling and persuade people to buy the product. Definitely not credit card, I was working in an international corporation which organize big exhibitions or corporate programs, while my job scope was to do research, get contacts and called companies come on board to be exhibitors or speakers in the conference.
 To make cold calling is not easy, especially when you don't know who you should speak to. I worked for 2 weeks only, the first week was training, the second week was started to call companies. Before calls to be made, research is a must, that's what make me quit. Personally I really don't like to do research, reasons being might be have done too much in UK? don't know, i just don't feel comfortable of doing it.
  When the thought of resigning was first poped up, I really scolded myself of how can i giving up so easily, not even tried out? Seriously, first thought was happened in the first week...and I was keeping persuading myself to give a try, don't give up so easily. Until Sunday after came back from their team building vacation which was held in Melacca. Everything was fine and i feel, started to love this company. After the trip i was so so tired, but have to do research still. What happened was I CRIED like no body business...why cried? I can't take up the stress...uh huh...this was something ashamed me "MIA CAN'T TAKE THE STRESS WHEN SHE WAS ONLY WORKING FOR 2 WEEKS" =.= ...my face was smooth and never grow pimples as what happened now, whether it was stressed up too much or something wrong with my body system? I don't know. my face looks like shit. After i worked here, seriously i became regular smoker. Well, this is not an excuse, but i really smoke again after working there.
  Has anybody tried of worrying the next day coming or waking up? I did...everyday I did research until mid night, sometimes eye closed but finger still clicking and hand moving mouse as if i was browsing internet. Previous post I said my eye get wet when i recalled study time in UK? it was because I compared working and studying period. Friends were telling me to quit if i don't like the job, but myself was telling me don't quit first even thought it was tough...>< but finally, i quit. With immediate notice, immediate leaving. Friends, don't take this as joke and throw the harsh question on me like: you can't even overcome the stress in your first job and you quit not even worked for one month? what else you can do?? Seriously, i chose to quit but I'm questioning myself the same question too. I wouldn't know what and how to answer this question and definitely I'll remain silent for sometime. A job that you don't even like, you won't stay long...

So now, I'm again hunting jobs.

2 comments:

baixuewangzi said...

aza aza fightin lar mia~

PigLet said...

ur job scope very similiar as one of my job interview leh. and my friend working there now~~~~

anyway, u can get a better one!! add water!!