Friday, January 29, 2010

Surprising, Induge Cafe.

Nah, said I'm free, just came back from an interview few hours ago. Time to blog then. I'm in mood to decorate and rearrange my blog's layout, add music, add photos. Feel like having a new house, now i know how great of having own house, and decorate it. When can I have one?
Ok....this entry gonna be a food post, more precise, an entry about dessert.
I guess quite many friends of mine knew I love dessert, I repeat: I skipped meal but never skipped dessert or chocolate when I was in UK. So, could I say I have weakness towards chocolate and nice dessert? =p

Yesterday visited a cafe called Indulge Cafe, which is located at Jalan Kuchai Lama. My friend know its owner/ chef, and also chief chef(whom the Chef's father). From what I know, the Chef Chief won a lot of culinary awards, I think more to dessert/ pastry. Let's not waste time on tracking or telling history, most importantly is IT IS DELICIOUS! I used surprise to describe the feeling of first bite on this piece of cake, it doesn't taste like a cake. I mean, you will never expect it can be a cake, not chiffon cake, butter cake or heavy creamy stuff like cheese cake does, it is like layer cake, but not using layer cakes' ingredient. Each slice of thin egg slice is spread with fresh cream, not too much, not too thick, just a right portion then come out with a well match with the egg slices. Step repeated times, until the ideal height for a cake is accumulated.
The Ultimate Mille Crepe Cake; A perfect finish to a fantastic meal.

This is their famous cake which I believe not available everywhere; my friend told me the chief chef created it with his years of experiences, so it is secret recipe and exclusive only available in this cafe. 

Next try was Apple Torte. Served hot and on top with ice-cream, heating from down melt the ice-cream on top, spread the ice-cream on the cake like what we do on bread with kaya butter. First ate the fresh half slided strawberry on top of the ice-cream, followed with the cake with melted ice-cream. Each bite is a surprise, why? Chef put in effort to make the cake rich in different tastes with added walnut and apple cube. Not only tongue bud to taste natural sweetness of apple, walnut and apple cube also join together to add a little excitement on your tongue.  

Normally we see: Illustration is only for display for advertisement purpose? Not for this, it served almost the same. 

Double cheese cake. Which I believe it tastes heavier and creamier than normal cheese cake, which contribute FULLNESS to your stomach. This is a normal dessert which almost everyone had tasted it. I'm love to eat, but never bake one for myself, from my experience--very theoretical one, what attract most should be the cookies as base of a cheese cake. No doubt, this one doesn't appear too thick, and playing a role to balance the creaminess of cheese and painted chocolate on top.


Actually, it is quite a tough task to translate chinese to english you know? I know how to describe the feel in chinse words, but when put it in english...怎么有种词不达意的感觉? 

anyway, feel free to find out more about this cafe. I'm doing free publicity for it. XD 
Click and see~ ^^ 

No comments: