Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Talent. Interest. Culinary.

The first recipe I read, was in my grandmum's house, my mum always forced my bro and me to stay there for nights. At night, there was no tape player(at my age of 7-9, VCD player was not popular yet, DVD was not launched yet), so i tend to read. There were 2 books I've read again and again, one is guidebook for pregnant women ( the scene is still clear where I saw private part of female in the book, showing how the part looks like when giving birth to a baby; I hold the book and chased the others kids--because they feel embarrass to see that? =p), another one is cooking recipe.

The first recipe that tempt me so much was a "tong shui" (oriental dessert) made by papaya, I don't think it is hard to do; in the following years, I'm still keep an eye on any recipes, until now ^^ Actually I cook not bad*(i think), my soup and dumpling successfully gained good comments from my ex, and ex's friends. =p
Frankly, I rarely cook in the 2 years, don't know if cooking skill gone rusty =/

This few weeks, I look back to recipes again, and I have a strong feeling of cooking. Bakery, western cuisine, oriental cuisine...Let's not waste anymore time on words, shift attention to visual~~ yummy.
you wont believe, this is moon-cake, content made by meat floss instead of lotus+york which damn sweetening and high cal . I have no idea why does it named moon cake?? 
I LOVE egg! This can be done within 2 minutes, but with help of a microwave, which I don't have. If I have one, this can be my breakfast everyday~ ^^ 
Cheesy baked rice, well~ It isn't hard to prepare. Simply cook rice with flavor ingredients like ham, beans, corn...lastly, top with cheese and bake a while, cheese melted and here you can enjoy cheesy rice^^ 
this is easy...XD
I never know cook choco is that easy, but of course practice makes perfect. What is that again? yea, moon cake again...surprise?choco moon cake fill with strawberry jam, content can be varied accordingly la, according to individual taste~muacks, I LURVVVVVVE it!
The author said she never tried macaroon, and this was her first time bake macaroon. Honestly, doesn't look like one lo. I ate, it is sooooo nice. I miss Paris and Italy. 
Orange mousse. Is an easy one too! I can remember how to make it. Digestive biscuit--which I ate too much in UK--make into pieces, add into melted butter, press to solid as its base....the middle part (mousse) i need to refer back to recipe la XD
I'll do this soon. haha.....
pretty right?
It is made by chiffon cake without needed apply cream, because I believe apply cream is a skill indeed, first or second time could not do it well, right? ^.<
So, finger biscuits were used to replace cream, then top with peeled oranges as deco. DONE. How lovely is it~~
I LURVVVVE EGG!! From the blogger, I found tons of recipes of making egg. Huat lahhhh~~
Trust me, pop corn is the easiest to be done, but there are criteria for corn. Only certain corn can be used. pour oil into cooker(i mean, cooker, rice cooker, haha), put corn inside~ thats easy =p
woahhhh...this is easy man....prepare rock candy, pumpkin and Tremella fuciformis(雪耳). Take out pumpkin fresh, put in water, rock candy and tremella fuciformis, steam until done, and it is done! 
This is as easy as the orange mousse ^^ procedures also same, this is a cheese cake, but don't need to bake.
Pumpkin cream soup. Forgot the exact way...><

I'll cook all that, and cook more~ but most importantly, I need cooking utilities. Just moved to a new house which don't equipped with cooking facilities. I want oven, I want microwave! I want scale to timbang amount needed for certain ingredient! 
interest, remain interest, is about money....haha
all equipments need money man~ 
This is/was my dream, to open own cafe, cook own food, If I don't capable to be in corporate world. Ideally, have the cafe when i retired from cirporate world...XD

p/s: I was trying to find the balsam pear-bitter melon's recipe. Panda doesn't eat bitter melon, if I could cook a bitter melon dish without taste of bitterness, he would eat. He said. 

Good night. 

3 comments:

T i s S u E said...

cheh... panda tak makan, i makan mar.. haiz... so fast forget me meh... o.0

sumore afte make it, i'll be honoured to be the 1st to taste ur experimental servings, before u serve SOMEONE special... hohoho XD

miapatra said...

hehe! babe~~ it's been long time didn't see u happen in my blog lo. XD

I rmb you do eat, haha~ whwn we were in Kepong food court I ordered that soup, haha

trust me, if I could cook all that, for sure, you will be in my guest list. hehe

miss you ~~

T i s S u E said...

im owes here la... jz tat tarak comment nia.. ahah.... u got view mine anot?? LOL~

yaya, of cz i rmb, bitterguard, one of OUR favs~~ ^^
panda mm sik foh... hoho~~